EFFECTIVE DATE: September 13, 2023
Note that by visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy and may be transferred to, processed in, or stored in the United States. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and the SYKY Terms and Conditions, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. By accessing the Site or using the Services, you acknowledge the practices described in this Policy. This Policy is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
While the information we collect varies depending upon the circumstances, we (and our vendors that provide services on our behalf) may collect the following categories of personal information (subject to applicable legal requirements and restrictions):
▪ Contact information and other identifiers: For example, we may collect your name, email address, social media account handles, Google account information and Apple account information.
▪ Device information: We may collect your internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, and operating system version. We might collect information at the site you came from, or the site you visit when you leave us. We may collect information regarding your interaction with our Site or the content on our accessible through our Site. We may also embed technologies (which may include, for example, web pixels) in the emails and other communications we or our vendors send to you to help us understand how you interact with those messages, such as whether and when you opened a message or clicked on any content within the message.
▪ Location data: We collect information about your general location, using your zip code or postcode and IP address.
▪ Commercial and preference information: We collect information about your preferences when using our Site or Services. We also collect reviews and comments that you post on our Site and your responses to surveys you complete.
▪ Information you submit or post: For example, we collect the information that you provide when you contact us, submit a post or other communication through the Site, and the information you provide when you register or setup an account with us.
▪ Audio/Visual information: For example, we collect photographs and video you submit when you register or add content to your profile.
▪ Inferences: Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we may draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes as well as demographics.
We collect information about you directly from you and from other parties, as well as passively through your use of our Site or Services.
▪ Information We Collect Directly From You. If you register for our Services, make a purchase, or enter a promotion, then you must provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, avatar and followed profiles. We also collect your digital wallet address when you connect to your digital wallet through the Site. In addition, if you provide personal information for a third party in connection with using our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have all required permissions and consents to provide such personal information to us for use in connection with the Services and that our use of such personal information to provide the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
▪ Information from Vendors We Hire to Work on Our Behalf.For example, vendors that host or maintain our Sites or send promotional emails for us may give us information. Our marketing agencies, advertising technology vendors, and analytics providers may also provide us with information.
▪ We combine information. We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your information with other information to understand preferences and trends over time.
We use your information, including your personal information, for several purposes including the following:
▪ To process payments or otherwise facilitate the purchases available through our Services.
▪ To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
▪ For marketing and promotional purposes, including to reach you with more relevant ads and to evaluate, measure and improve the effectiveness of our ad campaigns, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
▪ To analyze and improve our business, to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services, respond to user desires and preferences, for other research and analytical purposes, to develop new features, offerings and services; to monitor consumer interest in our Services, and for research and development purposes.
▪ To administer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
▪ To protect and secure our business operations, assets, Site, Services, network and information and technology resources; to investigate, prevent, detect, and take action regarding fraud, potential threats to the rights or safety of any person, or unauthorized access, activities or misconduct.
▪ To conduct due diligence in connection with corporate transactions. We may also use information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, brands, and/or business units, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
▪ To de-identify information and create anonymous and aggregated data sets and reports.
We may disclose your information, including personal information we collect:
▪ Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect to vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and/or support providers.
▪ Business Transfers. We may disclose and/or transfer personal information as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, transfer of assets, acquisition, financing and/or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law.
▪ In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena. We may disclose it if a government agency or investigatory body requests.
▪ To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation.
▪ Aggregated and De-Identified Information. We may disclose personal information with parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online analytics, and related services.
▪ Advertising and Marketing Partners. We may disclose personal information with parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online analytics, and related services.
▪ Subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose your personal information with our affiliate(s) and they may use such personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy.
▪ Your Consent. We may disclose personal information with your consent.
▪ Other. We may disclose information for other reasons we may describe to you or as permitted or required by law.
● Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that may be transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us or others to track your activities at our Site and Services or elsewhere. For example, the information that we and our partners track with cookies includes, but is not limited to, the type of browser (such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) and Internet-connected devices being used to access the Site, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, your home domain or Internet service provider. We use two types of cookies on the Site: session and persistent cookies.
● Session Cookies. Session cookies are designed to exist only during an online session. They are programmed to disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
● Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies are designed to remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. For example, the Help portion of the toolbar on certain browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. You can also visithttp://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or https://optout.privacyrights.info/ (if you are based in the US), or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or http://www.allaboutcookies.org if you are based in the EU) to opt out of certain uses of cookies for advertising purposes. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies may not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Options you select and choices you make are browser, website and device specific. If you clear your cookies or your browser’s cache, you will need to set your preferences again.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect, use, disclose and secure your information before providing any personal information. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect your information, including against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, and subject to this Policy, we will retain and use your personal information for as long as it is needed to provide you with any services, communications, information you have requested, or access to this Site, to document our business relationship with you, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law.
You may inquire about modifying personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us [email protected]. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
For the purpose of European Union (“EU”) and United Kingdom (“UK”) data protection laws, SYKY acts as a controller in connection with certain personal information described in this Policy. As detailed below, to the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have legal rights in relation to the personal information about you that we hold. If you are an individual in the UK or EU then the following additional information applies:
1. Lawful basis.
Where UK or EU data protection laws apply, please note that we process your personal information for certain permitted purposes and rely on a number of legal bases to do so. Our lawful basis for the processing of your information in order to provide the Services is performance of a contract. If you choose not to provide account and order information then we will not be able to provide the Services to you. For analytics, communications and marketing and personalization we rely on our legitimate interests in conducting those activities, where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We rely on consent including for marketing where it is required by local law in which case we will set out the specific terms of that consent and reasons for it when we seek to obtain it for you. We may also use your personal information where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. We do not take automated decisions about you.
2. Your rights.
You have certain rights under European data protection laws as set out below. Please note that rights are not absolute and each may be subject to exceptions:
● The right of access. You can request a copy of your information which we process about you.
● The right to be informed. You have the right to clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This explanation and details are set out in this Policy.
● The right to rectification. You can request to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
● The right to erasure. This is also known as the 'right to be forgotten' and means you have a right to delete your data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right, there are exceptions.
● The right to restrict. You have rights to block or suppress further use of your information in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
● The right to portability. You have a right to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services.
● The right to object processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing or where we are relying on our legitimate interests for processing.
● The right to make a complaint. You can raise a complaint with us or your national data protection regulator.
● The right withdraw consent. If you have provided your consent to us for any processing then you have a right to withdraw that consent (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal information with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal information for marketing purposes.
3. Transfers of Personal Information.
We may sometimes transfer your personal information to countries outside the UK and/or EU, such as the United States. The standard of data protection in the United States and in certain other countries where we may process your information is considered by the European Commission to be not adequate when compared to the data protection standards of the UK, EU and European Economic Area. By using our Site or submitting your personal data, you consent to such transfer, storing and processing.
Our Site and Services are not designed for persons under 18. You may not submit your personal information unless you are at least 18 years old. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child under the age of 18 has provided their personal information to us, please notify us at [email protected].
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint about our privacy practices, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices, please contact us at: [email protected] or write to us at: SYKY, Inc., 442 Lorimer Street, Ste D, #715, Brooklyn, NY 11206, USA.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information, we have previously collected from you, we will update this Policy, and, to the extent required by applicable laws, we will provide you with notice. We urge you to refer back to this policy frequently to check for any updates with regard to how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.